Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integration Over Many Points

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am simulating a capacitive MEMS device with many (>20) paralell plates and need to compute the gap change between them when a load is applied. Currently, I am creating many integration operations for a point on each plate, manually selecting each one, then tpying out the integration difference between them in the derived values results section, which supposedly gives the distance change between the points after the load is applied. This is very time and wrist-consuming so I am wondering if there is any easy way to do the same computation less manually.

Thanks! -Blake

4 Replies Last Post 2022年11月30日 GMT-5 14:56
Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2022年11月23日 GMT-5 06:54

It might be possible to use the Point Evaluation feature together with the at2() operator. It is possible that you would also need the dest() operator.

It might be possible to use the Point Evaluation feature together with the at2() operator. It is possible that you would also need the dest() operator.

Posted: 1 year ago 2022年11月29日 GMT-5 16:46

Thank you for your reply. That sounds like I would still need to manually select each point. I was hoping there was some tool to allow me to apply an operator on a list of points on my geometry so I could perform this operation more programatically.

>It might be possible to use the Point Evaluation feature together with the at2() operator. It is possible that you would also need the dest() operator. Thank you for your reply. That sounds like I would still need to manually select each point. I was hoping there was some tool to allow me to apply an operator on a list of points on my geometry so I could perform this operation more programatically.

Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2022年11月30日 GMT-5 08:02

Thank you for your reply. That sounds like I would still need to manually select each point.

Did you try the Point Evaluation feature under results?

>Thank you for your reply. That sounds like I would still need to manually select each point. Did you try the Point Evaluation feature under results?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 year ago 2022年11月30日 GMT-5 14:56

I guess you will need to make your own tool in a model method.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I guess you will need to make your own tool in a model method.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.