Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL Wave Parameter Inputs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am currently involved in a project titled "Design of a Floating Green Hydrogen Production System". Essentially, we are trying to study the influence of sea-wave dynamics on the performance of a PEM electrolyser. My methodology implements the use of Ansys AQWA to simulate irregular waves on the floating structure and inputting the parameters obtained from Ansys AQWA into COMSOL for CFD simulation on the electrolyser. The outputs from Ansys AQWA can take the form of wave amplitudes, frequencies, phase angle, translational and rotational displacements in the time domain. I have found a way to input the frequencies, but there are no inputs in COMSOL that take in amplitudes and phase angles. Since I am relatively new to the COMSOL software, I am wondering if this method is feasible, and if it is, are there any tutorials or guides that I could refer to? However, if this method is not feasible, would you be able to suggest an alternative method that will be able to accomplish this study?

Thank you. 

0 Replies Last Post 2022年11月24日 GMT-5 18:39
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kesheav Suraj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.