Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance measurement of water medium in frequency domain

Mohammad Aftab Uzzaman

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am trying to measure the impedance of water medium. I have calculated impedance (given in the jpg) and made a table with varying frequency. The problems that I have encountered with my model (given in mph file) are,

1. I could not measure the impedance (actually resistance) at 0 hz frequency. It is showing "Singular matrix. here are 24041 void equations (empty rows in matrix) for the variable comp1.V." this error. However, after removing the air medium around my water cylinder, the error was gone and gave the result at 0 hz. Why?

2. Real part of impedance is becoming abnormal with the increase of frequency. why?

3. Reactance part should be decreased with frequency. And also the value should be similar to my calculation. Am I using the wrong equation for impedance? (1/ec.Y22)

4. I was trying to separate plot of "f vs impedance", "reactance vs resistance" and "f vs capacitance". but failed.

It would be great if someone helps me in this regard.

Thank you, Aftab

0 Replies Last Post 2023年2月13日 GMT-5 05:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammad Aftab Uzzaman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.