Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Method call in Model Builder that modifies only a part of a model

Liantsoa Randriambololona

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello people,

I have a code that I wrote on a method in the application builder. This method is used to create / modify a geometry. I "call" the method in the model builder by using a "method call". The method runs perfectly.

However, if I added a material or physics... These disapears if I re-run my method (via the method call function). Sometimes I have to re-run the method because I need to change several things that take too much time to be modified manually.

So I was wondering, is there a way to only modify the geometry of my model while calling a method ? Is there a specific line of code to write that forces the method to only focus on the geometry ? Or eveytime I change my geometry, I have to add again and again the materials and physics I am going to use ?

I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

Liantsoa

0 Replies Last Post 2023年2月22日 GMT-5 11:24
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Liantsoa Randriambololona

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.