External Magnetic Field Setup for Magnetometer Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on simulating a magnetometer . I have two coils connected in series with opposite winding directions like(double rod magnetometer). Surprisingly, even in the absence of an external magnetic field, I observe a voltage across the sensing coil.Why do I obtain a voltage across the sensing coil without an external magnetic field?How do I properly introduce the external magnetic field in my simulation? Which boundary conditions should I use?Any guidance or insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年7月3日 GMT-4 09:11
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 hours ago 2024年7月3日 GMT-4 09:11
Updated: 9 hours ago 2024年7月3日 GMT-4 09:12

Hi,

how big is the coil signal? It may be numerical noise. Difficult tell anything more specific without seeing the model. Regarding an external field you can solve for the reduced field instead of full field in the main physics node (e.g. mf). You can then enter the background field in the form of a vector potential or a uniform field.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, how big is the coil signal? It may be numerical noise. Difficult tell anything more specific without seeing the model. Regarding an external field you can solve for the reduced field instead of full field in the main physics node (e.g. mf). You can then enter the background field in the form of a vector potential or a uniform field. Cheers Edgar

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.