How to set boundary condition in RF (emw)?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there. I am confused about setting the boundary conditions in Electromagnetic waves,Frequency domain (emw) module. I am designing an adapter to transmit signal, which is with a main body, 3 rear legs and 3 front legs. The rear/front middle leg is connect to signal while others are connect to ground. 1. Should I set a shell to surround this device, and set it in the specific status (such as scattering Boundary Codition)? 2. When I set the 2 ports in Numeric, the Intergration Line for Voltage seems like a must. How to choose this line and what is it used for? 3. When I try to solve the model, it reports that

"Undefined value found. - Detail: Undefined value found in the equation residual vector. There are 32 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable comp1.E10..."

Many thanks!

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.