Guidance on which library (Physics) to use.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I have the following problem below.

"I need to simulate the pressure and velocity acoustic fields in two conditions: i) single hydrophone at the top of a 500 ml glass beaker; and ii) Two hydrophones installed on the side of the 2 m high tube assembly. Simulation must be a transient, to show the impact of the time between one pulse and another on the eventual overlap of the waves. Determining the minimum time between one pulse and another is important in the analysis. transmission mode, where the low transducer is immersed in the continuous medium. Consider that we have hydrophones with omnidirectional directivity that emit sound in the range of 70 to 110 kHz operating with pulsed waves."

-> My main question is the following: in Comsol, what type of library would I use to solve this type of problem and what type of tool available in the software could I use to simulate an analogue to the hydrophone?

Thank you very much for the answers in advance.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.