Current excitation in induction heating problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am working on an induction heating problem where a bunch of straight coils are heating a plate of metal from one side, essentially a 'meandering' coil setup. I am modelling in the 2d space, which means its just a rectangle block of metal that is heated by hollow rectangular coils.

Now I have 6 coil bars in series and I model them as 2 coils with 3 domains each, having opposite currents in each adjacent coil, representing the serial nature of the coils. My problem is essentially that when the coil group option is off, a current excitation gives a heating of only 6 dC. when it is on, it gives the expected rise of around 200dC, but it essentially means that the current is 6 times the physical value. In fact, the results correlate within 1% of the experimental measurements.

I am not sure what is going on here and I cannot explain it in my project. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.