Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem on the convergence for the high velocity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi;

I'm trying to simulate the impact of a water droplet onto a wall using the level set method.
To solve this problem, I used the following module:
Two phase flow, laminar, level set (chns) (2D axial symmetry)

When I increase the velocity of the impcat I have some problems on the convergence. I tried to modify the mesh, and also the parameters of reinitialization of the level set method but anything seems to work

Thanks for your help in advance.

5 Replies Last Post 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 10:57

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 06:38
depending on the velocity reached ,implicit solver like comsol fail because an explicit solving procedure matches better so the question is how to deal with explicit time solver within comsol
anybody who have evr worked in this field for comsol is welcomed
i hint that the number of peoples will be weak....
depending on the velocity reached ,implicit solver like comsol fail because an explicit solving procedure matches better so the question is how to deal with explicit time solver within comsol anybody who have evr worked in this field for comsol is welcomed i hint that the number of peoples will be weak....

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 06:38
depending on the velocity reached ,implicit solver like comsol fail because an explicit solving procedure matches better so the question is how to deal with explicit time solver within comsol
anybody who have evr worked in this field for comsol is welcomed
i hint that the number of peoples will be weak....
depending on the velocity reached ,implicit solver like comsol fail because an explicit solving procedure matches better so the question is how to deal with explicit time solver within comsol anybody who have evr worked in this field for comsol is welcomed i hint that the number of peoples will be weak....

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 08:26
hi Louvet;

do you have any idea about the set up of the solver?

best regards
hi Louvet; do you have any idea about the set up of the solver? best regards

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 09:08
unfortunatly,there is no way to fix the solver because this explicit solver is not programmed within comsol
unless you use comsol with matlab but even in this case i have no idea of the time's investement and difficulties in order to implement the explicit solver.

this is the reason why i ask for peoples in this forum who have already occured a simular problem (need of explicit solver)
unfortunatly,there is no way to fix the solver because this explicit solver is not programmed within comsol unless you use comsol with matlab but even in this case i have no idea of the time's investement and difficulties in order to implement the explicit solver. this is the reason why i ask for peoples in this forum who have already occured a simular problem (need of explicit solver)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年2月25日 GMT-5 10:57
thank you any way for your answer
thank you any way for your answer

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.