Using a double integral evaluation in each step of a transient simulation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I've been trying to add onto this model (https://www.comsol.de/model/vortex-lattice-formation-in-a-rotating-boseeinstein-condensate-87421), the details of the problem aren't to pertinent to the question though.

In the model a rotating Bose-Einstein-Condensate is simulated using the semiconducter module. I wish to further add onto the model by including a dipole dipole interaction. The desired interaction potential would be described by a double integral over

$\frac{1}{(r_1-r_2)^3}$

I've been struggling very much with how to implement this integral as a potential energy term. All other custom potentials in the model rely on using a "electron potential energy" and including their desired expression, but I can't figure out what kind of expression could possibly recreate this. Perhaps a different approach is required

I hope someone can give me guidance on how to use the evaluation of a custom integral function as an input potential to the model at every time step?

Thank you for your time

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.