Problem in Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, i have created 10 parametric curve that intersect my cylinder creating points to use as discrete mass-spring system to model metamaterials. it seems like that 4 points cannot be generate since they are parallel to the edges in the x,y. i attach screenshot for understanding. Also,i would to know if there is a easier way to create this points since i have to create an array of them along the surface. (i have use convert to surface,parametric curve, partition object and convert to solid.) thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 2024年10月11日 GMT-4 10:55
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 7 days ago 2024年10月11日 GMT-4 10:14
Updated: 7 days ago 2024年10月11日 GMT-4 10:16

This is a bit strange, but assuming I understand your issue correctly: Probably the easiest fix is to simply rotate your cylinder by any amount that will let you avoid those problematic intersections, before you do the intersection with the curves. From your picture, it looks like your curves intersect every 18 deg. So, for example, rotate your cylinder 9 deg around its axis, and all 4 of your problematic intersections will disappear. Alternatively, you can always specify points of interest to you directly as geometric primitives, if you know their x,y,z coordinates.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
This is a bit strange, but assuming I understand your issue correctly: Probably the *easiest* fix is to simply rotate your cylinder by any amount that will let you avoid those problematic intersections, before you do the intersection with the curves. From your picture, it looks like your curves intersect every 18 deg. So, for example, rotate your cylinder 9 deg around its axis, and all 4 of your problematic intersections will disappear. Alternatively, you can always specify points of interest to you directly as geometric primitives, if you know their x,y,z coordinates.

Posted: 7 days ago 2024年10月11日 GMT-4 10:55

thanks, i solve it.

thanks, i solve it.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.