PERIODIC BOUNDARY CONDITION

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to apply periodic boundary condition in my reentrant unit cell. I use cell periodicity option but it is not imposed in my inclined strut.I want to apply equation based contraint at node and edge. please tell me how we insert my equation between two edges and corner.

1 Reply Last Post 2024年10月21日 GMT-4 05:29
Amit Suresh Patil COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 50 minutes ago 2024年10月21日 GMT-4 05:29

Hi Ranu,

Could you please elaborate your question possibly with drawing or sketch? What is the expected deformation of unit cell for each direction periodic condition?

If you want to apply your own constraints then do the following steps 1. Activate the Equation-Based Contribution option from the Show More Option icon under the Model Builder. 2. Right click on the Solid Mechanics interface and locate the More (edge level) menu. 3. You will find the Pointwise Constraint, Weak Constraint features to apply your own constraints. 4. Find similar menu at point level if you wish to do same at different nodes.

Regards Amit

Hi Ranu, Could you please elaborate your question possibly with drawing or sketch? What is the expected deformation of unit cell for each direction periodic condition? If you want to apply your own constraints then do the following steps 1. Activate the Equation-Based Contribution option from the Show More Option icon under the Model Builder. 2. Right click on the Solid Mechanics interface and locate the More (edge level) menu. 3. You will find the Pointwise Constraint, Weak Constraint features to apply your own constraints. 4. Find similar menu at point level if you wish to do same at different nodes. Regards Amit

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.