Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Licensed number of users already reached

Otavio de Brito Silva

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I couldn't open the versions 4.2a and 4.3 from COMSOL. A message informing me that the number of users already reached and the program closed automatically. It seems strange for me, because anyone was running it in that moment. I've purchased the licenses from both versions last year. I looked for an answer in COMSOL web site, but unsuccessfully. They said that my subscription has already expired since September 1, 2012.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年2月5日 GMT-5 08:33
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年2月5日 GMT-5 08:33
Hi

from your message, it sounds like you have a floating licence, and that someone else is using the version, so you cannot get "hands" on it. Anyhow with a single licence, (even if one is v 4.2 and the other 4.3) only one user can launch COMSOL for 1 licence

If it's all on your PC, maybe you need to reboot ?

Anyhow it's worth to have the maintenance, be it for the updates and the support, check your local COMSOL rep. Here on the Forum we are all "paying users" so these questions are better solved by COMSOL's engineers and salespersons ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from your message, it sounds like you have a floating licence, and that someone else is using the version, so you cannot get "hands" on it. Anyhow with a single licence, (even if one is v 4.2 and the other 4.3) only one user can launch COMSOL for 1 licence If it's all on your PC, maybe you need to reboot ? Anyhow it's worth to have the maintenance, be it for the updates and the support, check your local COMSOL rep. Here on the Forum we are all "paying users" so these questions are better solved by COMSOL's engineers and salespersons ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.