Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Generating time dependent analysis

Marc-Aurélien Vivant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am having some problems with a time dependent analysis in the mechanical module. I want to simulate the response of my part to a load that is time dependent.
So I have defined a triangulare function tri1 defined from 0 to 2. Then I use that function to define my variable load with the following expression on an axis in the solid mechanics module for a point load: 1000*tri1((t)[1/s])[N].
Following that I set my solver to solve the problem going from 0 to 2 with a step every 0.5s. I explicite this both at the step1: time dependent menu and at the solver1 sub-menu. The rest of my parameters are left in their default state.

When I solve my problem however I have the same result returned to me for every time step (no matter what value I enter in the time interpolated menu in my plot menu).

I am obviously missing something but can't figure out what. Do you guys have any idea of what might be going wrong or any tutorials I could read (I haven't found any on the subject).

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 2013年2月25日 GMT-5 10:30
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marc-Aurélien Vivant

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.