Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unable to create mesh : Error Free Tetrahedral 1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am having this error when I try to mesh a 3D structure :

The following features have problems :
Features : Free Tetrahedral 1

I don't find a way to have more information about this error.
My geometry is really complex, with many points/edges. I cannot make it simpler.
I still have the same error when I change the element size to be 'Extremely coarse'.

Does someone have an idea to fix this error ?

Thanks.

4 Replies Last Post 2014年6月9日 GMT-4 02:19
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年2月26日 GMT-5 02:03
Hi

there is no "one solution" for fixing a topology issue when meshing ;)
But you should get some indications where (coordinates) or which boundary you have the problem.

Then think of how you might cut your domain in 2 or more such to ease the meshing, and mesh by "shunks" or pre-mesh some boundaries manually, some edges ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi there is no "one solution" for fixing a topology issue when meshing ;) But you should get some indications where (coordinates) or which boundary you have the problem. Then think of how you might cut your domain in 2 or more such to ease the meshing, and mesh by "shunks" or pre-mesh some boundaries manually, some edges ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月12日 GMT-4 14:43
Hi,

I solved my problem! I had the same error. I am simulating a nano antenna which is not very complicated, but is very small in some parts. I had several errors in mesh part and defined meshes for the edges, but it did not helped. So I defined different sections for specific points and I do not have any errors now.

Regards,
Zahra

Hi, I solved my problem! I had the same error. I am simulating a nano antenna which is not very complicated, but is very small in some parts. I had several errors in mesh part and defined meshes for the edges, but it did not helped. So I defined different sections for specific points and I do not have any errors now. Regards, Zahra

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月6日 GMT-4 19:45
I am working on very simple cylindrical geometry. I am using heat transfer through solids and surface to ambient radiation. I made a central line in the cylinder, as i need temperature distribution along this line. When I go for finer meshing. I am getting 'A problem arose from when building mesh feature 'free tetrahedral 1a {ftet1}''. Please help !
I am working on very simple cylindrical geometry. I am using heat transfer through solids and surface to ambient radiation. I made a central line in the cylinder, as i need temperature distribution along this line. When I go for finer meshing. I am getting 'A problem arose from when building mesh feature 'free tetrahedral 1a {ftet1}''. Please help !

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月9日 GMT-4 02:19
Do you mean that you drew a line under Geometry node? In order to find, say, a temperature distubution along a line you do not need to draw it, but define a 3D Cut Line under Results --> Data Sets node.

Lasse
Do you mean that you drew a line under Geometry node? In order to find, say, a temperature distubution along a line you do not need to draw it, but define a 3D Cut Line under Results --> Data Sets node. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.