Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

boundary setup in Acoustic Module - Linear elastic or Impendance

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have a question about the boundary condition setup in my simple 2D symmetric acoustic module.

I would like to simulate a transient pressure distribution in a small glass dish filled with water, particularly the pressure at the bottom glass-water interface .

Pressure source locates in the medium giving the pressure toward to the bottom.

I set the water&air interface (top) as soft boundary. The wall of the dish (side) as hard wall condition.

My question is what about bottom side? Should I set the bottom side as a linear elastic domain to consider the fluid-structure interaction effect on the pressure at the interface? Do I need set the impedance of the glass at bottom or this is already considered in the elastic model?
I am thinking the reflection/transmission of the pressure wave the interface, which one of the boundary setup will include this consideration?

Do I need to consider about the glass-air effect on the other side which is out of my interest?

Thank you very much for advises.

Best
Xu

0 Replies Last Post 2013年2月27日 GMT-5 16:52
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xu Meng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.