Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two-phase flow including both incompressible and compressible fluids

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I've been struggling to construct a Comsol model that simulates two-phase flow, in which one fluid is water(incompressible), the other is air(compressible), which can reach Mach number of around 1.
As far as I know, standard branch for two-phase flow in CFD module makes you choose only between "Incompressible" and "Compressible with M < 0.3" flows, and this option applies to both fluids in the simulation, without possibility of setting one for the first, and the second for the other.
I suppose I have to try physics coupling, with one branch being "High Mach number flow". But is there a way to do it for this kind of problem, where the interface between the fluids is not known, and must be adjusted at each time step?

Any advice on how to handle this is higly appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年3月26日 GMT-4 06:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alexander Lozovskiy

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.