Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

.mphdev for existing physics modules

Aravinthan Athmanathan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new to COMSOL and I am trying to build custom physics model for thermoelectric effect implementation. I am wondering whether it is possible to view the physics builder files for existing physics modules (for example, joule heating under heat transfer), so that it will be more helpful in building a custom model.

Thanks,
Aravinth.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年4月9日 GMT-4 09:36
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月9日 GMT-4 09:36
Hi,

the mphdev files for built-in interfaces are not public, but there is a guide in the doc on how to build a thermoelectric interface.

However, there is possibly an easier way to thermoelectrics than writing it up from the scratch, you can modify the Joule Heating interface by a suitable external current density.

Best regards,
Sven
Hi, the mphdev files for built-in interfaces are not public, but there is a guide in the doc on how to build a thermoelectric interface. However, there is possibly an easier way to thermoelectrics than writing it up from the scratch, you can modify the Joule Heating interface by a suitable external current density. Best regards, Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.