Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Typical fluid-structure interaction model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am new and struggling to start a simple model.

I have been playing with blood vessel model from the model library.

I would like to look at the vascular behavior when blood vessel is impacted by a piston.

It is going to be dynamic analysis and I want control the velocity of piston and depth of impact.

My question is that how I can make piston move with certain velocity and control the displacement of piston.

And also how can I solve the problem with dynamic analysis?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2013年4月12日 GMT-4 12:24
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月12日 GMT-4 03:46
Hi

but arent velocity and displacement linked ?

for me s=s0+v0*t where s0 is the initial position and v0 the (assumed here constant) velocity

so try to define an imposed displacement as

s0[m]+v0[m/s]*t

with i.e s0 and v0 defined as parameters

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi but arent velocity and displacement linked ? for me s=s0+v0*t where s0 is the initial position and v0 the (assumed here constant) velocity so try to define an imposed displacement as s0[m]+v0[m/s]*t with i.e s0 and v0 defined as parameters -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月12日 GMT-4 12:24
Ivar

The piston moves 1mm of displacement with 7m/s of velocity.
Ivar The piston moves 1mm of displacement with 7m/s of velocity.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.