Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dependent variable as a function of coordinates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I've solved 2D PDE problem and I've got distribution field of the dependent variable (_u_).
Now I need global function that should use solution _u_ as a function of coordinates.
I can't understand how I can get scalar u(x,y) in global definitions.

I use "data export" of _u_ to the text file then import that file to the global interpolation function and get function of two coordinates. But I hope, there must be the easier way.

Thanks a lot.

1 Reply Last Post 2013年4月19日 GMT-4 01:09
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月19日 GMT-4 01:09
Hi

you cannot get any _u_(x,y) field into a global definition, as the Global variables are at best depednent on "t"
You ca define variables in "Model - Definition (on specific entities) - variables ) then you get the link of the coordinates of your filed onto some or all entities

Check definition of FEM entities (domain, boundary, edges, points) and geometrical Objects (volume surfaces lines vertex/points) in the COMSOL doc or on theforum. (there is also the glossary on the main COMSOl site, quite usefull ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you cannot get any _u_(x,y) field into a global definition, as the Global variables are at best depednent on "t" You ca define variables in "Model - Definition (on specific entities) - variables ) then you get the link of the coordinates of your filed onto some or all entities Check definition of FEM entities (domain, boundary, edges, points) and geometrical Objects (volume surfaces lines vertex/points) in the COMSOL doc or on theforum. (there is also the glossary on the main COMSOl site, quite usefull ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.