Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to define a acoustic point source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a problem with Comsol. I defined a point source from 1m away from a acoustic lens, but it seems that there is no convergent behind the acoustic lens. Normally, if I use a plane wave as the sound source, the sound can be converged behind the acoustic lens at the focal point.
Does anyone know how to define point sources (2D) in the Acoustic module in COMSOL?

Thanks a lot.
Tran Quang Dat

4 Replies Last Post 2015年12月28日 GMT-5 00:27

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月23日 GMT-4 20:31
Anyone can help me, please?
Anyone can help me, please?

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月24日 GMT-4 08:32
Tran,

To insert acoustic point source, right-click Pressure-Acoustics, Frequency Domain node and select Points>Power Point Source. You can specify point source by power, flow rate, or intensity.

Regards,
Sergei
Tran, To insert acoustic point source, right-click Pressure-Acoustics, Frequency Domain node and select Points>Power Point Source. You can specify point source by power, flow rate, or intensity. Regards, Sergei

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年4月25日 GMT-4 02:40

Tran,

To insert acoustic point source, right-click Pressure-Acoustics, Frequency Domain node and select Points>Power Point Source. You can specify point source by power, flow rate, or intensity.

Regards,
Sergei

Dear Mr Sergei,

Thank you very much for your replying.

Best Regards,

Tran Quang Dat
[QUOTE] Tran, To insert acoustic point source, right-click Pressure-Acoustics, Frequency Domain node and select Points>Power Point Source. You can specify point source by power, flow rate, or intensity. Regards, Sergei [/QUOTE] Dear Mr Sergei, Thank you very much for your replying. Best Regards, Tran Quang Dat

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月28日 GMT-5 00:27
Hello,

I have a question. What if the acoustic point source is radiating a mixture of frequencies. Let the two predominant Fourier components of the frequency spectrum be F1 and F2. How would you model this case?

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Hello, I have a question. What if the acoustic point source is radiating a mixture of frequencies. Let the two predominant Fourier components of the frequency spectrum be F1 and F2. How would you model this case? Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.