Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Please help if possible...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am trying to work through this question - but I am really stuck I have been trying to get it done for 2 days. So it would be great if someone could help me.

Plot the non-dimensional velocity  as a function of non-dimensional radial
location , at the following values of  zeta = 0:01; 0:05; 0:1; 0:15 and 0:2 Label
your plot axes, and identify the di erent curves in the legend to the plot.

I do not know how to draw the cut lines for non dimensional values. I have managed to obtain the velocity surface plot.

The dimensionless variables are defined as:

xi = r/R zeta = z/Lc and phi = vz/v0

3 Replies Last Post 2013年6月7日 GMT-4 19:30

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月5日 GMT-4 21:25
Hi

You can define the non-dimensional variables in the definition sub-section in the modelling section. Right click and select variable and define your variables. This is the pre-processing part.

For plotting which is the post-processing part, you can define a cut-line as a 1D plot and plot your variables.

Good Luck
Hi You can define the non-dimensional variables in the definition sub-section in the modelling section. Right click and select variable and define your variables. This is the pre-processing part. For plotting which is the post-processing part, you can define a cut-line as a 1D plot and plot your variables. Good Luck

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月6日 GMT-4 03:35
Hi thank you for your response,

I think I am getting something wrong at the Cut Line 2D setting page - my line entry method is two points x: point 1 =0 and x point 2 = 1 y point 1 = 0 y point 2 = 0

I ticked bounded by points and additional parallel lines range(0.01,0.04,0.2) and it's not working... did I do something wrong in this setting?
Hi thank you for your response, I think I am getting something wrong at the Cut Line 2D setting page - my line entry method is two points x: point 1 =0 and x point 2 = 1 y point 1 = 0 y point 2 = 0 I ticked bounded by points and additional parallel lines range(0.01,0.04,0.2) and it's not working... did I do something wrong in this setting?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月7日 GMT-4 19:30
Try first without additional lines and see if you can get the results you desire!
Then go to the next level!
Try first without additional lines and see if you can get the results you desire! Then go to the next level!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.