Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

peristaltic pump model convergence

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a model that is similar to the peristaltic pump model available in the “model gallery”. I would like to use this example to present my problem.
The peristaltic pump model does not converge when a greater load is applied to the nylon tube to make it almost completely compressed (inside diameter to become very small). For instance, when I change the maximum load setting of Lmax to 1.6e8 instead of 1e8 N/m^2, it does not allow the model to converge. Setting Lmax to 1.5e8 N/m^2 still allows it to work but the force is not even near to allow the nylon to be completely compressed.
I have tried changing the Gaussian distribution which represents the force applied, Young’s Modulus to allow more compression, increasing the length of the tube, increasing and decreasing the diameter of the tube as well as changing the position of where the force is applied and it would still not allow the model to converge when trying to completely compress the tube.
I also tried out the adaptive mesh refinement and automatic re-meshing features but it didn't really help. There maybe some parameters that may work but I had no success so far. There may be another way to approach this problem with convergence when higher force is applied but I am stuck at this point.
I would appreciate some help!

Thank you.

0 Replies Last Post 2013年8月14日 GMT-4 18:34
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vasiliy Chernyshev

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.