Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using multiple Comsol Windows simultaneously on Mac OS

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

until now I was unable to use multiple Comsol Windows simultaneously on Mac OS. Is that feature only available with the Windows version?

Regards,
Denis

4 Replies Last Post 2014年6月26日 GMT-4 16:57
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Denis Maus

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月31日 GMT-4 09:52
Hi,
did you find an answer for your question? I also working on Mac OS and would very much like to be able to open multiple comsol models at the same time.

//Ellen

Hi, did you find an answer for your question? I also working on Mac OS and would very much like to be able to open multiple comsol models at the same time. //Ellen

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月9日 GMT-4 03:18
no, unfortunately i did not found a solution.
no, unfortunately i did not found a solution.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月26日 GMT-4 09:58
Hello,

You can run a new instance by using the following command in the Terminal.

open -na "COMSOL Multiphysics.app"

Procedure to open from COMSOL installation directory:

1.- Open Terminal
2.- Go to your COMSOL Directory example: "cd /Applications/COMSOL44"
3.- Use the command : "open -n "COMSOL Multiphysics.app"

Done a new instance should be running. You can do the same for other versions of COMSOL.

--
Kind Regards,
Arpys
Hello, You can run a new instance by using the following command in the Terminal. open -na "COMSOL Multiphysics.app" Procedure to open from COMSOL installation directory: 1.- Open Terminal 2.- Go to your COMSOL Directory example: "cd /Applications/COMSOL44" 3.- Use the command : "open -n "COMSOL Multiphysics.app" Done a new instance should be running. You can do the same for other versions of COMSOL. -- Kind Regards, Arpys

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月26日 GMT-4 16:57
Thanks for the solution, Arpys.

also worked well with Comsol 4.3b.

You can run a new instance by using the following command in the Terminal.
open -na "COMSOL Multiphysics.app"

Thanks for the solution, Arpys. also worked well with Comsol 4.3b. [QUOTE] You can run a new instance by using the following command in the Terminal. open -na "COMSOL Multiphysics.app" [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.