Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

From a NifTi Brain Model to COMSOL Bioimpedance simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have got a model of the brain from MRI images,
the segmentation is done, what I need is to create a mesh that can be imported in COMSOL Multiphysics,

I already have the materials and their electrical properties ready to use in COMSOL, the problem is that I am unable of creating a mesh that can be used,

Could anybody help me to create a mesh from the nifti model,
I would also like to collaborate with somebody that is good in modelling,

Thanks a lot and best regards
/Ruben

2 Replies Last Post 2014年1月29日 GMT-5 05:27
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月28日 GMT-5 13:14
Ruben,

you have to create geometrical entities from your segmentation in COMSOL in order to assign material properties and generate a mesh.
You could check if one of the LiveLink modules is compatible with your format or whether you can use some intermediate software to convert into a compatible format.
This may also be a topic for the COMSOL support.
I don't have any experience with the nifti format, but it sounds interesting to get the link from MRI data to COMSOL.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Ruben, you have to create geometrical entities from your segmentation in COMSOL in order to assign material properties and generate a mesh. You could check if one of the LiveLink modules is compatible with your format or whether you can use some intermediate software to convert into a compatible format. This may also be a topic for the COMSOL support. I don't have any experience with the nifti format, but it sounds interesting to get the link from MRI data to COMSOL. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月29日 GMT-5 05:27
Thanks a lot Edgar,

I think ScanFe can be the solution

Best regards
/Ruben
Thanks a lot Edgar, I think ScanFe can be the solution Best regards /Ruben

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.