Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3d elasticity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I need to simulate structure like a mattress: 2 surfaces connected with periodically distributed thin rods, 3d elasticity problem.

When building geometry following question arose: whether it is possible to build a single element (rod between the pieces of the surface), and then continue it periodically? Unfortunately I could not find such a function myself.
And one more question. I am using Weak Form PDE. Are there any ways to enter weak expression except explicit element-by-element? Maybe I could define somewhere elasticity tensor or in any case I should enter all more than 80 summands manually?

In addition, I would be grateful if you could advise any books or videos related to using comsol for such type of problem.

2 Replies Last Post 2014年1月29日 GMT-5 07:12
Phillip COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月28日 GMT-5 06:47
Hi,

I can at least help you quickly with the first issue: You can easily add periodically geometric objects using the array operation (Rightclick on Geometry1-> Transforms -> array). Just select an input object and fill out the Size and Displacement fields.

Good luck with your model.

--
Best Regards
Phillip
Hi, I can at least help you quickly with the first issue: You can easily add periodically geometric objects using the array operation (Rightclick on Geometry1-> Transforms -> array). Just select an input object and fill out the Size and Displacement fields. Good luck with your model. -- Best Regards Phillip

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月29日 GMT-5 07:12
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.