Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

an AC problem, about "The DAE is structurally inconsistent"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I want to apply a sine voltage source to a piezoelectric ceramic. it's a model of COMSOL named"thickness_shear_quartz_oscillator.mph". the model works well but when I change the AC source to sine source, set the frequency 50Hz, same as AC. error occurs:

The DAE is structurally inconsistent

Variabels 2
Equation 0

you can see the model in the model library, hope you can help me

Thanks in Advance

2 Replies Last Post 2014年9月23日 GMT-4 08:04
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Lance Vega

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月26日 GMT-4 06:09
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO BUT I CAN'T SOLVE IT IF YOU FIND IT OUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO BUT I CAN'T SOLVE IT IF YOU FIND IT OUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年9月23日 GMT-4 08:04

it's a problem with the study. you can use sin(φ) for voltage source and frequency domain study and vice versa. I encounter this problem when I work on AC/DC module on the "Electric circuit" . this generalize to all the sources and studies.

so i recommend you follow this pattern when solving

DC source -> stationary study
AC '' -> frequency domain
Sin (t/T) -> time dependent
it's a problem with the study. you can use sin(φ) for voltage source and frequency domain study and vice versa. I encounter this problem when I work on AC/DC module on the "Electric circuit" . this generalize to all the sources and studies. so i recommend you follow this pattern when solving DC source -> stationary study AC '' -> frequency domain Sin (t/T) -> time dependent

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.