Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperatures missed in the solid area in "Conjugate Heat Transfer" calculation --- Super Simple Model attached!!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Why are no Temperatures calculated in the 'solid' domain, while they are calculated in the fluid domain.

I easily understand that no velocities can be calculated for the solid area, but temperature should be, I think.

Is there again some checkbox, I have overlooked ?

2 Replies Last Post 2014年3月7日 GMT-5 03:41

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月6日 GMT-5 17:26
Hi,
The temperature is solved, as it must be. Simply you 'don't see' it in surface or contour graphs, because you have 'Thermal Light' color table selected and the solid has about the maximum temperature (almost uniform), which corresponds to white colour. Just change the color table, like to Rainbow, and temperature is also shown in a non-white color.
Regards.
Jesus.
Hi, The temperature is solved, as it must be. Simply you 'don't see' it in surface or contour graphs, because you have 'Thermal Light' color table selected and the solid has about the maximum temperature (almost uniform), which corresponds to white colour. Just change the color table, like to Rainbow, and temperature is also shown in a non-white color. Regards. Jesus.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月7日 GMT-5 03:41
Hi,

Perfect! Like Sherlock Holmes :-) Thank You !

Yes now I see: "no data" and "maximum data" have identical colour coding and therefore are inditinuishable with the default colour table and "default" colour scaling. Unfortunately the white colour redraws the presentation of velocities, where the perfectly same area is presented in the perfectly same colour, where white means "no data" while in the temperature presentation this color means maximum temperature-

Greetings
Hans
Hi, Perfect! Like Sherlock Holmes :-) Thank You ! Yes now I see: "no data" and "maximum data" have identical colour coding and therefore are inditinuishable with the default colour table and "default" colour scaling. Unfortunately the white colour redraws the presentation of velocities, where the perfectly same area is presented in the perfectly same colour, where white means "no data" while in the temperature presentation this color means maximum temperature- Greetings Hans

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.