Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

discontinuous time dependent PFR

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,
I'm studying a discontinuous time dependent PFR using Transport of Diluited Species. I want to set feed concentration the same of the outflow one. How can I set this condition using Transport of Diluited Species?

1 Reply Last Post 2014年3月20日 GMT-4 12:31
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月20日 GMT-4 12:31
Hi, I guessing here that you are working on a recirculation loop. If you run 4.4, you have accessible variables for total flow and average outlet concentrations at the flow exits, which you can use elsewhere in the model. For example the mass and flow averaged concentration can be chds.c0avg_c_out1 at an exit. If you have solved the model model once, did "Get inital values", you can access the full names in you particular model from the plot menus.

Feel free to contact support@comsol.com if this answer did not represent your problem.
Niklas
Hi, I guessing here that you are working on a recirculation loop. If you run 4.4, you have accessible variables for total flow and average outlet concentrations at the flow exits, which you can use elsewhere in the model. For example the mass and flow averaged concentration can be chds.c0avg_c_out1 at an exit. If you have solved the model model once, did "Get inital values", you can access the full names in you particular model from the plot menus. Feel free to contact support@comsol.com if this answer did not represent your problem. Niklas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.