Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with particles' size in particle trajectory plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I am using particle trajectory module to launch few microbeads from the inlet of a microchannel towards its outlet. The problem is that in the model, I define particle's size as 10 um, but in the results section when I want to plot particle's trajectory they are shown much bigger! There is only one field called point radius expression with default value set to 0.001 um. But I could not figure out what does this filed do.

Unfortunately, Comsol's help for its particle tracing module is not very useful and informative.

Any idea about this issue is welcome. Thank you.

Best,
SMHH

1 Reply Last Post 2014年3月24日 GMT-4 10:51
Eyal Spier COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年3月24日 GMT-4 10:51
Hi SMHH,
Could you attach a model? I'll take a look at it and see where the problem lies!
All the best,
Eyal
Hi SMHH, Could you attach a model? I'll take a look at it and see where the problem lies! All the best, Eyal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.