Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mixture of sweep mesh+Tetrahedral mesh in a 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a helical coil embedded in solid cylinder and was trying to figure out best way to mesh it since helix always creates problems.

1)I did a mapped mesh on one end of coil cross section.
2)Swept it along the coil, till the destination face.
3)I meshed the cylinder with tetrahedral mesh.

I am always getting errors. The model is just not meshing. I tried meshing complete model with tets and it did mesh after a looong time, but it gave error while solving.

Would really appreciate if someone could give some guidance.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2016年7月20日 GMT-4 09:15

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月1日 GMT-4 03:46
Hi

If you could upload your model I could have a look at it.
Hi If you could upload your model I could have a look at it.

Mohammed Gofran Chowdhury

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年7月20日 GMT-4 09:15
Did anyone have solved a similar problem? Because I too have done swept mesh in some part of my model and then wanted tets model for the rest of the model. It dosents mesh.
Did anyone have solved a similar problem? Because I too have done swept mesh in some part of my model and then wanted tets model for the rest of the model. It dosents mesh.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.