Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Water/oil not mixing, COMSOL version 4.3b

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using Comsol 4.3b and I am trying to set up a model to see the effect of mixing of two different liquids (consider water and oil).
I have created two rectangles (domains1 and domain2) on top of each other. The upper one contains water and the lower one contains oil and I defined inlets and outlets. The problem I have is defining the flow continuity between the two domain. When I compute my model, these two fluids do not mix and I don’t know how to get rid of the line in the middle without effecting the domain’s setting.
I have changed my setting from form a union to form an assembl/ identity pair in order to define my share wall under flow continuity in laminar flow setting, but COMSOL disabled the setting under the flow continuity.

Please let me know if there is another way of doing this. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Thank you in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年8月4日 GMT-4 18:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nazila Norouzi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Karupothula Prashanth

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月4日 GMT-4 18:56
Hi Nazila,

I am also facing the same problem.Please let me know if you have solved it.
Hi Nazila, I am also facing the same problem.Please let me know if you have solved it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.