Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Convergence problem ( PID heater controller)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a problem with the convergence of my model. I have this message d'error

""
there are 876 degrees of freedom returning NaN / Inf in the matrix rows for the variable comp1.T.
the coordinates (0.021,0.00055) (0.0212876,0.00055) (0.0215991,0.00055) (0.0219364,0.00055) (0.0223016,0.00055) ...
and for the same degrees of freedom, NaN Inf in columns of the matrix.
The linear solver has sent an error message.
The relative residual (6th 051) is larger than the tolerance.
The returned solution has not converged correctly"""

When I consider the power of heater as a consatnt my model ( MOCVD Chamber) converges. Unfortunately,
when I want to control the power of heater( P_adjustable) I had always the same message d'error.
I defined in EDO et EAD global equations P_adjustable=T_consigne-intop1(T)
intop1(T) is temperature in the control point
T_consigne is desired temperature in the control point
I defined T_consigne in parameters
I used a refined mesh, and a resolution with auxilary sweep kappa.
Should i change values of PID Coeffecients ?

I attach my model version 4.

Any idea, help ? Thanks in advance !
Regards,

1 Reply Last Post 2014年4月18日 GMT-4 06:21

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年4月18日 GMT-4 06:21
Hello

Try with only the Proportionnal value, sometimes I and value are not needed and give instabilities

Best regards
Hello Try with only the Proportionnal value, sometimes I and value are not needed and give instabilities Best regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.