Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Random crash

Alessandro Filippo Pellegata

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,
I've just installed Comsol 4.4 on a new pc, the hardware specs are
4GB Ram
Pentium Dual Core T4500 2.3GHz
Intel chipset graphic

Now the problem that I have is that Comsol keeps crashing randomly. Sometimes while opening a model, sometimes simply while setting up the model in the wizard, sometimes while computing and so on. For sure it crashes everytime that I try to open the material library.

I've tried to unistall and reinstall but it keeps crashing. Sincerly I can not figure out why it is doing this.
Anybody can help, providing some tip or showing me which tests to do in order to unveil the mistery?
Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 2014年5月9日 GMT-4 09:24
Daniela Sanzeni COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月9日 GMT-4 09:24
Dear Alessandro,
try to follow the instructions at this link:
www.comsol.it/support/knowledgebase/933/
If you can't fix in this way please write to support@comsol.com
Best regards,

Daniela
Dear Alessandro, try to follow the instructions at this link: http://www.comsol.it/support/knowledgebase/933/ If you can't fix in this way please write to support@comsol.com Best regards, Daniela

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.