Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The software thinks I have two variables ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to define an interpolation function of one variable in a Solid Mechanics model by importing data from a .txt file. But, when I click on the Plot button to display the curve, I have the following error :

"Interpolation grid axis values must be sorted in ascending order in each dimension"

I only have on dimension (ie the function has one argument) and my table contains two columns, the first for the argument, and the second for the function values, so I don't understand this error. What is weirder is that when i import another tabulated file, I don't get any error message.

Kind regards.

2 Replies Last Post 2015年1月21日 GMT-5 07:40

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月20日 GMT-4 10:47
And the argument column is in ascending order?
And the argument column is in ascending order?

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月21日 GMT-5 07:40
Hi,

did you manage to solve this issue?
If so, I would be interest in your solution, as I got the same error message and no idea is wrong about my function definition file.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Juergen

P.S.: In my case the problem was in the input file. There was one ambiguity which I overlooked first.
Hi, did you manage to solve this issue? If so, I would be interest in your solution, as I got the same error message and no idea is wrong about my function definition file. Thanks a lot and best regards, Juergen P.S.: In my case the problem was in the input file. There was one ambiguity which I overlooked first.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.