Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Interpolation function

Mohammed Mustafa Khan

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey guys,

I was trying to use the interpolation function and use it it the heat source.
I am not sure whether the independent variable t in comsol is time for interpolation or I can use any term
For example plot Specific heat vs Temperature.

4 Replies Last Post 2014年6月19日 GMT-4 17:35
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月19日 GMT-4 10:51
Hello,
In the window where you define an interpolation function, the letter "t" is just the name of the argument of that function. When you call the function in question, you can pass to it any variable you need.
Jeff
Hello, In the window where you define an interpolation function, the letter "t" is just the name of the argument of that function. When you call the function in question, you can pass to it any variable you need. Jeff

Mohammed Mustafa Khan

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月19日 GMT-4 12:18
Thanks a lot Jeff

I did that and was able to produce plots successfully. But when I use those interpolation functions in my heat source, there is no heat generation. The temperature probes which I placed do not show any variation in temperature.
Thanks a lot Jeff I did that and was able to produce plots successfully. But when I use those interpolation functions in my heat source, there is no heat generation. The temperature probes which I placed do not show any variation in temperature.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月19日 GMT-4 12:33
My first guess would be that perhaps you did not assign the heat source to any domain/boundary. But there could be other reasons for the symptoms you're describing, so feel free to send this to our support team (support@comsol.com) if my guess is incorrect.
Jeff
My first guess would be that perhaps you did not assign the heat source to any domain/boundary. But there could be other reasons for the symptoms you're describing, so feel free to send this to our support team (support@comsol.com) if my guess is incorrect. Jeff

Mohammed Mustafa Khan

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年6月19日 GMT-4 17:35
Thanks again

I ll look into it again and contact support if any issue. I am sure I am assigning the domains .
Thanks again I ll look into it again and contact support if any issue. I am sure I am assigning the domains .

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.