Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Design multi coil system.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am Surajit, from Malaysia. I am doing M.Sc. in electrical engineering, and my thesis work is on wireless powering through magnetic resonance coupling. I am using COMSOL Multiphysics 4.3 version. I did not use COMSOL before and just have started learning it. I have a plan to design a finite element modeling of 4-coil wireless powering system and extract necessary parameters such as self-inductance of each coil, mutual inductance between coils, resonance frequency and Q-factor of each coil, eigen-frequencies. As I have said I am a beginner in using this software I am seeking some help in following matters below for design purpose:

1) Between 2D axisymmetric and 3D model which will be useful to use?

2) As I have said I have a plan to design 4-coil system consists of two single turn coils and two multi-turns coils, I want to know how can I draw those 4 coil in a single work plan?

3) After design how can I extract different coil parameters like self-inductance, self-capacitance, radiation ohm value, Q-factor and resonance frequency of coils, eigen-frequencies?

Actually I need a step by step guideline or help on that, and I am seeking help from experts in this forums.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Surajit.

1 Reply Last Post 2014年10月20日 GMT-4 21:39
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Surajit Das Barman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月20日 GMT-4 21:39
You use ac/dc model or rf model?
You use ac/dc model or rf model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.