Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Exporting a geometry file (parasolid_binary) using MATLAB Livelink

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to export a geometry from COMSOL in parasolid_binary using MATLAB live link ?

You can easily do this from COMSOL desktop, however, I could not do it using the Live link.

Please, provide me the syntax

Thank you in advance

5 Replies Last Post 2016年10月28日 GMT-4 03:36
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohamed Zanaty

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月11日 GMT-5 23:34
Hello ,I need too, Could you find this solution? Pleas tell me

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to export a geometry from COMSOL in parasolid_binary using MATLAB live link ?

You can easily do this from COMSOL desktop, however, I could not do it using the Live link.

Please, provide me the syntax

Thank you in advance

Hello ,I need too, Could you find this solution? Pleas tell me Thanks [QUOTE] Hello, I would like to export a geometry from COMSOL in parasolid_binary using MATLAB live link ? You can easily do this from COMSOL desktop, however, I could not do it using the Live link. Please, provide me the syntax Thank you in advance [/QUOTE]

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月12日 GMT-5 03:10
yes, you can export your geometry using MATLAB livelink through the following syntax:
model.geom('geom1').export('geomfile.x_b')

BR
Mohamed
yes, you can export your geometry using MATLAB livelink through the following syntax: model.geom('geom1').export('geomfile.x_b') BR Mohamed

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月20日 GMT-4 10:40
It does not work on COMSOL 5.1 and MATLAB 2013. Any other suggestions?

Gaetano
It does not work on COMSOL 5.1 and MATLAB 2013. Any other suggestions? Gaetano

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月20日 GMT-4 15:36
Reading and writing of Parasolid files requires the CAD Import Module, the Design Module or the LiveLink for CAD products (See www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/). Your license may not include these products. You can check which products are included on your license by going to File>Licensed and Used Products.
Best regards,
Jeff
Reading and writing of Parasolid files requires the CAD Import Module, the Design Module or the LiveLink for CAD products (See https://www.comsol.com/products/specifications/cad/). Your license may not include these products. You can check which products are included on your license by going to File>Licensed and Used Products. Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年10月28日 GMT-4 03:36
Hey Jeff,

Thank you for your suggestion. But University license has that package.
I have fixed the problem. It was directory problem. Comsol script helps me a lot.

Best Regards

Gaetano Formato
Hey Jeff, Thank you for your suggestion. But University license has that package. I have fixed the problem. It was directory problem. Comsol script helps me a lot. Best Regards Gaetano Formato

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.