Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with moving mesh application

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to model a multi turn coil with a fixed exciting current scanning over a conductor. in order to define a displacement for the coil, I took following steps:

1- I defined a coil unified with air domain and a conductor , an identity pair boundary generated from assembly between conductor and air domain.
2- continuity boundary condition is used for the interface (Identity pair boundary) .
3- two job steps: frequency domain for field of the coil and time dependent forcoil displacement were defined .

I tried to find moving mesh 3D examples but they were all built for 2d axisymmetric geometries or rotational systems. Since I want to introduce a discontinuity in the conductor later, I wont be able to set up the model by 2d axisymmetric. Assume I replaced the conductor with air without changing the identity pair, In this case which boundary condition gives me a perfectly continius field through the boundary. Or simply which boundary condition wont disturbe the field distribution of the coil just like that all domains are unite.
In fact I dont know if there is any other way to assign the movement to coil instead of spliting the geometry and generating identity pairs.

I attached my model and I know it has severe issues, I'll be grateful if anyone could help.

1 Reply Last Post 2014年10月22日 GMT-4 15:14

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月22日 GMT-4 15:14
Hi,

Im really helpless on this, could anyone please check the model? any kind of comment is worthy and also I could provide more detailed information about my objective from this model, if needed.

Thanks
Hi, Im really helpless on this, could anyone please check the model? any kind of comment is worthy and also I could provide more detailed information about my objective from this model, if needed. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.