Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time dependent study with a periodic current input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to get the thermal response of a structure when a periodic rectangular electric current is applied.

By combining rectangular signal and periodicity (with analytics), I managed to form a periodic rectangular signal under Global. I multiplied this dimensionless signal with my current's amplitude to create the ultimate input.

Then I set up a time dependent study and plotted the temperature of a specific point with respect to time in the end once the simulation is done.

Due to the pulsed manner of the input current, I thought it would have an increasing trend with some drops in between, but the point's temperature somehow doesn't change after the 1st second; and is also very low.

What might be reason for this?

Is it because the measurement points of the time dependent study and the pulses of the signals are out of sync? How should I choose my measurement points with respect to the pulses?

I would also appreciate if you could suggest me some tutorials which combines a pulsed signal with a time dependent study.

Thanks,

Bartu

0 Replies Last Post 2014年10月28日 GMT-4 08:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bartu Avci

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.