Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculation of trasfered amount of heat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Is there a way to calculate amount of heat transfered to body for sample case like:
There are two bodies in contact and there are several heat sources with variable heat amounts. I want to calculate how much heat was transfered to each body after t seconds.
Appreciate your help!

Regards,
Ali

1 Reply Last Post 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 07:51

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年11月3日 GMT-5 07:51
There is a means to do time integration (search with these key words) but I have found it very inaccurate. Instead, in the post-processing stage, I have integrated the mass flow across a given boundary at each time step, transferred the table to Excel or Matlab, and integrated the curve numerically. I wonder if you can define a surface through which heat is transferred.

Lasse
There is a means to do time integration (search with these key words) but I have found it very inaccurate. Instead, in the post-processing stage, I have integrated the mass flow across a given boundary at each time step, transferred the table to Excel or Matlab, and integrated the curve numerically. I wonder if you can define a surface through which heat is transferred. Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.