Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

limiting the maximum value of concentration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am solving a 1D convection-diffusion equation using the Classical PDE set up. My equation has a source term. The left BC has a zero flux, while the right BC has a dirichlet condition of u = 0. Since the left BC has zero flux, the concentration u will increase with time due to the source term. How can I limit the concentration on the left boundary to a specified value so that as time increases, the concentration there is capped at the threshold?

Thanks.

Best wishes,

EH

0 Replies Last Post 2015年1月7日 GMT-5 19:23
COMSOL Moderator

Hello EH Ooi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.