Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

integration over parameter instead of geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I was wondering if the following integral was possible in Comsol.

where f(g) is a known function, a,b are the limits (also known) and emw.Ex would be the electric field which depends on the position and on the value of g, i.e., emw.Ex=emw.Ex(x,y,z,g). I have seen a very similar question here: www.uk.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/39845 , but I have no idea have to deal with my problem. Normally, the integrals are defined over a domain, but this is not the case.

I guess that one solution would be do a Parametric Sweep over g, and make the integration in matlab, but I would like to know if this is possible in Comsol

Thank you so much

2 Replies Last Post 2015年1月22日 GMT-5 09:21
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月22日 GMT-5 05:13
Dear Juan Miguel,

Please take a look at the built-in operators in COMSOL, for instance the "integrate(expr, var, lower, upper)" operator.
You can find a list in the Reference Manual under "Operators, Functions and Constants".

Best regards,
Frank

Dear Juan Miguel, Please take a look at the built-in operators in COMSOL, for instance the "integrate(expr, var, lower, upper)" operator. You can find a list in the Reference Manual under "Operators, Functions and Constants". Best regards, Frank

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年1月22日 GMT-5 09:21
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.