Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

bug: blocks changing names

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a problem using COMSOL (heat transfer module): every time I close my mph files, when I reopen them, all the names of the blocks change, switching between them.

I think the names are assigned according to a predetermined order, since the wrong names don’t change if I don’t try to correct them.

I have thought that could depend by the fact that I worked starting with models created with previous versions of COMSOL, but now this bug happens always, also when I create the model starting from the beginning, also with very simple models, made of just two or three blocks.

I hope you can help me to fix this problem, if you need some other information, ask me.

4 Replies Last Post 2010年6月16日 GMT-4 11:57
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月16日 GMT-4 01:28
Hi

I have no way to nkow what's happening inside COMSOL I'm not by Comsol just a convinced user that this is a beautiful tool).
I can only say
a) check that you have the latest version/patch (especially for V4)
b) restart your model from scratch, new (without opening it from a previous version)
c) if still there report back to "Support" with your example and some explanations so they can have a closer look

Hope this hleps
Ivar
Hi I have no way to nkow what's happening inside COMSOL I'm not by Comsol just a convinced user that this is a beautiful tool). I can only say a) check that you have the latest version/patch (especially for V4) b) restart your model from scratch, new (without opening it from a previous version) c) if still there report back to "Support" with your example and some explanations so they can have a closer look Hope this hleps Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月16日 GMT-4 04:31
Thank you for the help.
But the problem is not only on a file, is a problem of all my files, even if I restart, I have the same problems.
Even with simple models with three blocks i see them changing the names.
Thank you for the help. But the problem is not only on a file, is a problem of all my files, even if I restart, I have the same problems. Even with simple models with three blocks i see them changing the names.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月16日 GMT-4 09:17
Hi

for me you must have trouble with your installation, as its rather rapid, try again, do not forget to use the update-patches from the support page above

I have not observed anything like that

Good luck
Ivar
Hi for me you must have trouble with your installation, as its rather rapid, try again, do not forget to use the update-patches from the support page above I have not observed anything like that Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月16日 GMT-4 11:57
I know that sometimes can happen with files created with oldest version of the version used... but the strange thing here it`s that happens with every file, also created by me with my version of the program.
I know that sometimes can happen with files created with oldest version of the version used... but the strange thing here it`s that happens with every file, also created by me with my version of the program.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.