Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to calculate Electric field at arbitrary point

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Everyone...
I have designed a model in which light is scattered by a gold nano particles.

Now i want to calculate the value of scattered electric field at any arbitrary point.

Can anyone tell me how to calculate it and export this data??

4 Replies Last Post 2015年3月17日 GMT-4 15:41

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月17日 GMT-4 09:51
Before solving the problem you have to add points in your geometry (if needed) where you want to calculate the said variables. After simulation, Derived Values --> Point evaluation.

Is this what you asked?

Lasse
Before solving the problem you have to add points in your geometry (if needed) where you want to calculate the said variables. After simulation, Derived Values --> Point evaluation. Is this what you asked? Lasse

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月17日 GMT-4 10:00
If the quantity is needed only for post-processing purposes, you do not have to add a point to the geometry: you can add a Cut Point data set and then perform a Point Evaluation on that data set.
Jeff
If the quantity is needed only for post-processing purposes, you do not have to add a point to the geometry: you can add a Cut Point data set and then perform a Point Evaluation on that data set. Jeff

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月17日 GMT-4 10:33
Fine! Always learning new features :)
Fine! Always learning new features :)

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年3月17日 GMT-4 15:41
Suppose i simulated the scattering model for nanosphere. Now i want to calculate the electric field scattered by any nano sphere at any point (obviously inside the PML domain). So how cn i calculate this ??
Suppose i simulated the scattering model for nanosphere. Now i want to calculate the electric field scattered by any nano sphere at any point (obviously inside the PML domain). So how cn i calculate this ??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.