Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Closing the problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello friends,

I am trying to model multi-species adsorption in a PSA. I think I got the adsorption right, just not the multi-component part. I would like to do this with my own PDE's.

I created 2 convection-diffusion PDE's for my two species H2 and CO2.

dy_H2/dt + Uz * dy_H2/dx = adsorption_source_term_H2
dy_CO2/dt + Uz dy_CO2/dx = adsorption_source_term_CO2

I do not understand yet how to relate these two equations to each other. I was thinking with a constrain, something like y_H2 + y_CO2 = 0. The problem is, I don't know how to define this constrain.

Could you please advice me what to do or forward me to a nice tutorial?

regards,
Gilbert

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月2日 GMT-4 10:48
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gilbert Smink

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.