Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Open end acoustic radiation problems: radiation impedance at the opening

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I using the model www.comsol.com/model/open-pipe-1365, in this example, where the z0 is calculate by comsol, the zL is calculate from analytical method.
I just focus on the PML part which is the fisrt part of the demo, then I define a zL= p_L/ v_L just like the z0 at the opening, then compare this calculated value with the analytical zL_ana, the imagine part have little difference, however the real part have a const difference about equal 50, could any body can give some tips on this difference.
the zL from comsol variable definition is
vzl=intop_L(2*r*acpr.vz/a^2)
pl=intop_L(2*r*p/a^2)
zl=pl/vzl

intop_L is a integration at L
i.imgur.com/UOXOyx5.png

0 Replies Last Post 2015年4月27日 GMT-4 03:20
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jianliang Wang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.