Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Estimating the volume affected by a temperature

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi COMSOL users,

I have a question that has been driving me crazy for a while now. I'm doing a simple heat transfer model and I'm trying to estimate the volume that is above a certain temperature threshold. I saw in post processing there is a volume plot and I set the minimum and maximum values appropriately. I was wondering if there is any way to extract to volume of the geometry this way. Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 2015年5月1日 GMT-4 09:45
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年5月1日 GMT-4 07:14
Dear Alexander,

You can do a volume integration of (T>300) to get the volume of the domains with a temperature larger than 300 K. The logical operator supplies 1 if true, and 0 otherwise (try to plot it in a 3D volume plot)

I hope this solves it for you.

Best regards,
Frank
Dear Alexander, You can do a volume integration of (T>300) to get the volume of the domains with a temperature larger than 300 K. The logical operator supplies 1 if true, and 0 otherwise (try to plot it in a 3D volume plot) I hope this solves it for you. Best regards, Frank

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年5月1日 GMT-4 09:45
Thanks so much!

I wasn't aware I could input a function there!
Thanks so much! I wasn't aware I could input a function there!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.