Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Analysis

Giovanni Battista Accetta

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody.,
I have a question to pose (maybe it is a simple problem for comsol experts):
I want to run a transient analysis on a geometry with two physical models:
-Navier-Stokes
-Convection and diffusion
For problems of complexity, I want to solve the two models separately and I want to use a steady state analysis as initial condition.
For solving the first problem I didn't encounter any problem but for the second one I'm not able to correctly run it.
I would like to use the velocity I've just obtained (which changes in time) for the diffusion model, but comsol keeps using the last result of the velocity and mantains it constant (I've chosen automatic in select current solution field).
Moreover the diffusion start from istant 0 (device empty) and not from the steady state.
So my questions are essentially two:

-How to use a transient result for the velocity as varying condition for a parallel simulation (same time range) of another model.
-How to set the initial concentration of this second simulation to the stationary one.

any help will be really appreciated,
Giovanni

0 Replies Last Post 2010年8月9日 GMT-4 10:47
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Battista Accetta

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.