Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

find the breakdown of Si diode

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I built a Si diode from the old comsol tutorial and now i want to find out the breakdown voltage by reverse biasing the model. I been sweeping the model from from 1 to -170 with 0.1 step bias voltage. I still haven't see any breakdown yet. It is normal for a silicon diode to have a such as high breakdown voltages? i'm currently doing the -175 voltage and still the current vs bias voltage is still flat.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年6月23日 GMT-4 20:08

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月23日 GMT-4 20:08
Indeed, it depends on the doping concentrations as well as the geometry of your device. You might want to increase the doping concentration and the voltage breakdown should decrease to lower voltages.
Indeed, it depends on the doping concentrations as well as the geometry of your device. You might want to increase the doping concentration and the voltage breakdown should decrease to lower voltages.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.